Thursday, March 13, 2008

RATS RATS RATS....

Let me just start out by saying I grew up very sheltered as a girl. I always had Chris, my dad, and brothers take care of disgusting things for me. Today I took my first step toward complete dependence on me, and only me.

I woke up this morning realizing that Sadie hadn't pooped in a while. Since we have had beautiful weather, I had been letting her hang out on her own in the back yard. This morning I went to the back yard with some bags to see if she left any presents for me. Sure enough, I found her own little compost pile she had created. I cleaned it up and finished my search of the back yard. Then I came upon my horror. Neatly, if you can say that, tucked in the corner were 3 dead rats! They had been torn apart and stacked on top of each other. You got to give Sadie credit for tucking them away when she was done with them. She is a very clean dog and likes to clean up after herself. My first thought, after I began to breath again, was, "oooooooooo, Sadie, and I let you kiss me!"

I originally was going to leave them for Chris to take care of. Yes, for a whole year! Then I remembered the diseases, the filth, the dog, my baby, the neighborhood kids, and poor Mr. Libby who mows the lawn. I went inside and grabbed my dust pan and the thickest gloves we had. My original plan was to dump them in the dumpster. But then when I picked up the first one, I thought, "No way! I am not going to carry these all the way around the house, one by one, and put them in my dumpster." My dumpster doesn't even deserve that kind of abuse. So I threw them one, by one, over the fence into a huge empty field for the wild cats to finish them off. It most likely was the very field they came from. Each time I through one of my lil friends over the fence, I screamed, and jumped back. I do not have a good arm and I can be clumsy. So I dodged out of the way just in case I over threw them. I didn't want to throw them straight up in the air and come right down on top of me! It must have been such a sight and I apologize to the neighbors. When I was done I put the gloves and dustpan in the dumpster, went inside, and took a shower.

Sorry I didn't see it necessary to put up a picture of this. So I'll post a picture of Chris!

4 comments:

Marie said...

I loved the story!! I love the picture also!

Marie said...

Ok, So I am trying to figure out how to get picture on each side of the writing. If you figure out let me know!

V and Co. said...

AHHHH! but thank goodness for the dog cause if not, where would those rats be right now!?

Marie said...

That will be fun to go up there. I bought Jon's plane tickets for next month. 74.00 not bad at all. I am excited. I wanted to go up, but he wanted to come home. We had alot of fun.