Monday, March 31, 2008

Growing up....its hard for mommy's too...


So this has been an interesting week. We have had a power house of growth. AnaLea has graced me with her sweet tantrums and high pitch cries for exactly 7 days....and counting. Drum roll...... She is getting her first tooth. Before she was teething, she would squeal at a high pitch squeal all day long, just to hear her self squeal. Now its got a miserable tone to it...which also adds to the intensity.

AnaLea started solids, and she can not get enough! And I cant seem to put it in her mouth fast enough. She tries to make me go faster by grabbing my hand and pulling the spoon to her face. Which usually results in a disastrous mess. Never the less, she loves food. Just like mommy and daddy! Some where on this post is a picture of her in Gracie's high chair. She looks so small in it. She just a lil' big of a thing. Two weeks ago, she was 13 lbs and is 26 inches long. So yeah, I have a long, skinny, and squiggly lil worm!

At AnaLea's last doctors visit, I was encouraged to put her in her own room. Yes, my daughter still sleeps in my room. And yes, I still check her vitals every night...terrible habit. I just can't shake it. She is my every thing. I wasn't this much of a mess when Chris was here. Now that he is gone, I am obsessed. Maybe its my insecurities as a single parent. Or maybe its just because she is my outlet of love. She is my everything right now. Not only is she my baby girl, but she represents a part of Chris that I can look at and hold. She looks so much like him! I fear having a 2nd child. The intense bond that AnaLea and I share, most likely will never be repeated with the next child, because I hope that Chris will never have to leave us again! It's just AnaLea and I to battle the home front while Chris protects our future over seas. Then again...what do I know....I have never had a 2nd child. But I will always look back at this difficult time in my life and know that AnaLea was there for me!

Today, I left AnaLea with someone else for the 2nd time since Chris left. I only ran to Cafe Rio to get my sister and I some food. Total, I think I have only spent and hour and twenty minutes away from her since Chris left. Again, I think it stems from my silent obsession. I use to be able to leave her with someone all of the time. But now I just hold on to her as tight as I can, and cry when I have to let go.


Through all the disastrous moments I have had to suffer through. I can always look at my friend Camille and think...oooh....I've only got one kid. Another friend of mine calls her "wonder women's hero!" She certainly fits and has earned the title. Her husband is going to Afghanistan too. However, she just had a set of twins! She is certainly amazing. So when ever AnaLea is upset, or teething, or when I have a late night ,or an early morning surprise, or when disaster happens, I can certainly look at Camille and say "I can do this! I only have one baby!" Thank you Camille for giving me something to be grateful for. Her twins are the cutest ever! In her blog title it says, "We do this, so you don't have to." So fitting of her life right now.

This is a great picture of Camille and I. However, one day AnaLea will be very upset with me for posting it. At least in this picture she isn't inappropriately reaching for Camile. You should see Camille's copy on her blog (Davies Family).

1 comment:

lucasclan said...

The pictures of Analea are so cute. You know, I still check both of my kids every night to make sure they are breathing. I cannot go to bed until I know they are okay. You are not weird for doing that. You are just a mom.