In the pictures with me is my good friend Becca. Pretty much anything extra I do, anything that's fun, I do with her. She is one of my army strong, army buds. We meet in Monterrey California and our husbands are deployed together. It is really nice to have a friend that is going through the exact same thing I am going through.
Yesterday, Becca took me and my daughter to the Rodeo. It was a late birthday gift! We had so much fun! That night Becca introduced me to something new, a local small town favorite, we had strawberries and cream! It was delicious! I can't wait for next year! We promised each other that we would go next year, this time with our husbands, and they will get to try the strawberries and cream.
AnaLea learned some new things at the Rodeo. She would copy the crowd and scream at the top of her lungs when everyone else did and then she would also clap her hands when everyone else did. AnaLea got so excited over the horses and all of the attention she got. There where some nice people there, friends of Becca's, that would hold her for me...I barely know what it's like to not hold a child. So thanks! It was so nice!
On Sunday, AnaLea decided to put her new screaming and clapping skills to good use in church. For the 2 hours that we were there, she was playing cheerleader. She saw this room full of people and wanted to get them cheering and clapping...just like what she saw at the rodeo. After two hours and no response, she started to get MAD. So we went home early. But DANG! My daughter is so freakin cute! ....I did have to take two Tylenol, a Dr. Pepper, and I sent us both to bed. You can only handle so much of her high pitch squeals.
Because we went to the rodeo yesterday she had no nap, we got home from the rodeo at midnight, and up for church at 7:30 am. And of course, she did not take a nap at church. So when we got home from church we were exhausted. To my MUCH need pleasure my daughter slept for four hours straight. That meant I got a four hour nap. I talked to Chris today and I couldn't figure out the last time I napped that long. It was probably some time in my adolescent years. I am lucky to get in 30 minutes when desperate measures are needed. So now I feel great. I haven't felt this good in a while!










4 comments:
I had so much fun with you two!
AH-you did? Where did you find it? Are you still going this weekend then?
haha...just wait till you have 4 kids and the 4 year old yells he has to go poop during the blessing of the bread, and your 8 and 6 year old decide in your absence that they are going to start a fight with eachother, all the while you are trying to wipe your kids butt in the bathroom while holding your much squirming screaming almost 2 year old...yeah sacrament sucks for me...but i go cause i'm suppose to. i'll get blessings for this right?
Can I have an Amen to Vanessa's comment! One week I let Madison take Sam out to change his diaper and after about ten minutes Sam came back but without Madison and had still not had not been changed. I sent Lily to look for her and when they came back Lily said Sam had given Madison the slip in the bathroom. The funny thing about this story is that Sam a 2 year old managed to find his way back to me but Madison 11 got distracted and lost after she was ditched by Sam. I Love Sundays!
Post a Comment