Today it rained. It rained very hard. Chris and I always did our grocery shopping together. We both love to shop. So to save us from financial ruin, we settle on getting our weekly thrill off of grocery shopping. Well, like I said it rained today. As I was walking out of the grocery store, I missed Chris so much. I missed him as I covered my daughter with the blanket and braced my self for the down poor. I thought of how he would always leave me in the warmth and protection of the store, to go get the car for me. I started walking on to the parking lot when a lil' white Caviler (the car that Chris use to drive) came around the corner and parked by the grocery store's front doors. My heart stopped! For that small moment in time, I actually thought it was Chris. I realized how far away Chris actually was and that the man in that white Caviler was not Chris. I envied the women getting in the car. I cried a tear and walked into the rain. Oh, the little things I miss...the little things I took for granted.Monday, May 26, 2008
My heart stopped today...
Today it rained. It rained very hard. Chris and I always did our grocery shopping together. We both love to shop. So to save us from financial ruin, we settle on getting our weekly thrill off of grocery shopping. Well, like I said it rained today. As I was walking out of the grocery store, I missed Chris so much. I missed him as I covered my daughter with the blanket and braced my self for the down poor. I thought of how he would always leave me in the warmth and protection of the store, to go get the car for me. I started walking on to the parking lot when a lil' white Caviler (the car that Chris use to drive) came around the corner and parked by the grocery store's front doors. My heart stopped! For that small moment in time, I actually thought it was Chris. I realized how far away Chris actually was and that the man in that white Caviler was not Chris. I envied the women getting in the car. I cried a tear and walked into the rain. Oh, the little things I miss...the little things I took for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
How hard it must be to not have Chris there! I need to be more grateful for all the little things people do for me.
Post a Comment