Sunday, May 4, 2008

Brothers....

This picture was taken at McCord air force base in Washington. This was taken right before they started there long journey east, towards Afghanistan. This is Chris' team. These are the bright young men (and one woman) that he will spend the next year with. These are the guys he will live with, laugh with, cry with, and fight side by side with. These are his brothers and these are his battle buddies. I feel so fortunate that he gets to serve with these people. They have already established life long relationships and I know with out a doubt that they will protect each others back. Did I mention this was the team that got TOP GUN (best of the best) and a perfect score on the Hum-V training? At least if they are going to be out and about on convoys, that thought is a comfort. I am grateful for his team leader. He is a wonderful man with so much experience under his belt. I feel that he would do anything for his team. And I completely trust Chris life, in his hands. Good luck guys! You are always in our thoughts and prayers.

1 comment:

The Pohlman Family said...

Chris,
I don't know any other way of contacting you but through your blog. Our family wishes you the best of luck. This is one experiance I think I can say that I "know how it feels" in perspective to Emily (minus the emotional ups and downs of Ana since bradyn didn't even know his dad) We pray for you every day (Bradyn still prays for "uncle billy to be safe") We love you guys so much and anticipate your safe return. We also hope that Emily feels like she can come to us with a shoulder to lean on. LOTS OF LOVE!!!!!!